Oh so the lazy blogger is back with another recipe which is a very easy yet very much loved and appreciated.I have been eyeing this sweet for quite sometime now so thought of giving it a shot.Its inspired by so many videos on YouTube and especially the manjula aunt one and with a little twist of my own ,like we say in Bollywood movies its Different every time they make any new dirty picture and surprisingly people have started loving any crap in the movies.Well!!! coming out from the imaginary Bolly world into our real world which is actually not like Bollywood movies that we realize after getting a little wiser.The Reel Life and Real life its like the beautiful pictures you see when u want to try a recipe and then when you actually make it and eat it.
So not the different movie kind of stuff but for real tasting yummy and milky soft barfi which melts in your mouth and melts your loved ones heart ,my hubby truly loved this one ..here is what you will need.
- 1 Cup Home made Paneer (Cottage Cheese,i used 1 litre of milk )
- 1 Tin of Condensed Milk (Or you can cook the milk till it reduces to half)
- 100gms Milk powder (Mawa/Khoya)
- 1-2 Tbs Cardamom Powder
- Sliced Almonds/Pistachios to garnish
- Greased Plate with Clarified butter/Ghee
- Make Paneer at home by boiling regular milk and using lemon juice/Vinegar to curdle it .Wash the paneer to remove the smell of lemon and drain out all the excess water. Using freshly made paneer gives it a very nice texture and taste.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add Paneer to it,mix it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk to it and keep stirring.
- When the mixture starts bubbling add the milk powder/Mawa to it and keep stirring.
- Add the cardamom powder to the mix.
- You have to keep stirring it on medium heat to prevent it sticking to the pan, and keep giving it a stir in between till the mixture turns into a consistency where it can be set , it should appear like a dough.
- Grease a plate with little ghee or butter and transfer the dough in it .
- Garnish with nuts and let it sit for 1-2 hrs. If you in a hurry like i am always then keep it in the refrigerator to set quickly.You and your guest have no reason except to love it this season.
Tip: I have used the condensed milk so i didn't require any additional sugar ,but if you are using reduced milk add equal amounts of sugar to it .