Winter Begins and and gives us some more reasons to cook ,more potlucks, more parties and holiday fun but this nice cold weather, longer nights and shorter days are making me more lazy i suppose , i am cooking so much and not able to click n post them ,my bad .So starting with a simple recipe of soup for this season or just for any reason and to keep urself warm n cozy.
- 1 cup beans soaked and cooked.
- 2 - 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cooked pasta (rotini or penne) the al dente style.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced OR 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp minced jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes pureed.
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 2 small carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion chopped.
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a pan.
- Add the garlic, fresh ginger & jalapeno to the oil.
- Add the onions saute them and then add carrots and green beans, and sauté 5 minutes on med/high heat.
- Add the fresh/dried herbs and tomato paste, sauté for 2 minutes
- Now add the beans along with the water to veggies.
- You can add another 1 C of the liquid, cover and simmer until veggies are tender
- Add the pasta to the veggie-bean mixture, and as much more liquid as you like.
- Cook for 5 more minutes
- Add minced cilantro, salt & pepper to taste
- Serve in bowls, sprinkle with grated cheese if you like or with some cheese toast.