India and China are two very populous countries with ancient civilizations, friendship between the two countries has a time-honoured history, which can be dated back 2,000 years, and since the establishment of diplomatic ties between our two countries, in particular the last ten years, friendship and cooperation has made significant progress.
Indian Chinese Cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian taste.I just read on wiki that this cuisine has been developed by a Chinese community that lived in Kolkata for over a century and we know that today its an integral part of Indian culinary scene, in Northern India you can find Chinese food at every nook and corner of the streets, serving Momos,Soups, Chowmein,Fried Rice,Spring Rolls, wontons, Manchurian..and mostly in places like Delhi NCR in front of the MNC offices,I still remember the taste of yummy momos with the hot sauce which was served by the vendor outside my last office in Sec 58, Noida, our favorite snack with Mazaa ,the mango drink ...ummm jus loved it , miss those days though.Do you know as of 2007 Chinese cuisine is India's most favorite cuisine, growing at 9% annually.
Whenever i go back i make sure i satisfy my cravings, and when i cannot i try to make them at home.After being in US i have starting loving TOFU a lot.Though i am still not able to post any recipe for that coz after making it we can't resist to eat it and therefore no clicks, but soon i will be posting some recipes on Tofu too.So Keep visiting.
I think everybody here knows how to cook Egg Noodles,Manchurian and must have tried their hands on it and wud not like to know my version..So just posting the details for the Chinese Eggplant which was new to me untill i tasted it in a restaurant and quite liked it .
- Chinese Eggplant
- 1Tbs minced garlic
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1-2 Tbs Ketchup
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbs Vinegar
- 2-3 Spring onions chopped
- Red Chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Slit the eggplants length wise and sprinkle a little salt on it and keep aside for 5-10 minutes,it will remove the sourness from the eggplant.
- Fry the eggplants on a electric griddle or fry them in pan on medium heat .
- Heat Oil in a pan and add garlic to it.
- Now add onions and salt to it and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauces and red chilli flakes to it and add the fried Eggplant.
- Saute for few minutes ,garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot with Rice.