Rabri is an Indian sweet dish ,a thick creamy dessert made from thickening milk ,don't mistake it with Rabri Devi the Chief Minister of Bihar..jus kidding..I had this at an Indian restaurant and i wanted to make this for quite some time now , and finally i got a chance to make it ,u can spread it on a fried sweet bread as in Shahi Tukda or serve it chilled with some fruits,tastes great on its own.
- Whole Milk- 1 litre
- Condensed Milk- 1tin
- Bread- 1 slice
- 1tsp Cardamom pwdr
- Few strands of Saffron
- Chopped Almonds and Pistachios
- Pour the Milk in a thick bottom pan on medium heat ,simmer till reduced to half.
- Grind the slice of bread in a blender and add in the milk.
- Add the condensed milk to it and mix further, adding the bread and the condensed milk makes the process faster and you need not add any sugar.
- Now add the saffron ,cardamom,and nuts to the mixture.Keep aside.
- Slice the Oranges into halves vertically, and scoop the pulp , keeping the shell intact.
- Fill the Orange cups with the mixture .
- Chill the Cups till it sets for an hour or so.
- Garnish with some more nuts and serve chilled.