You don't have to go to Italy , or your nearby store for a Tiramisu, its an Italian cake and dessert you can easily make it at home ,what i have made is not the traditional one but it tastes really great.Its an easy dessert ,and the best part is preparations can be done well in advance ,I had to make it for my party , and couldn't find the ladyfinger biscuits so i did the alternative by making the sponge cake ,and i made a whole Tiramisu Platter and everyone loved it , its quite a heavy dessert to indulge into, but good for a party, once a while its required to satisfy your soul.I have to make it handy so haven't done in a glass bowl , though it will look beautiful in a glass bowl or trifle glass, i have used a cake pan to make small square pieces of this dessert.
- 1 Pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened 8oz
- 1 stick Butter 8 oz
- Sponge Cake
- Crushed Cookies 10-12
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2-3 Tbs Cocoa Powder to dust
- Silvered Almonds for garnish
- 1tbs Instant Coffee powder
- 1 Cup Warm water
- Beat Cream Cheese and sugar till it is nicely whipped , cover it and re-frigate.
- Prepare a Sponge Cake, in advance.
- Now crush the cookies in a blender and add the stick of butter in it ,line a pan with parchment paper and press the cookies in the pan firmly and bake it in preheated oven at 350 degrees F , for 12-15 minutes.
- Let it cool for sometime.
- Take a cup of water and add coffee and sugar and warm it for 2 minutes in microwave , let it come to room temp.
- Now lets do the layering,now spoon a few drops of Coffee Liquor on the cookie crust , add a layer of cream cheese and then dust it lightly with cocoa powder.(Take a scoop of cocoa powder in a sieve and tap it over the dessert.)
- You can add a layer of the chocolate cake now on top of it and then another layer of cream cheese and then dust with cocoa powder again .Be liberal with the cream cheese.
- Garnish with few silvered almonds and grated chocolate.
- You can add more layers, but i didn't want to add more calories as it was a all girls party and i felt short of the filling too.;)
- Chill for at least few hours and cut into squares and apply the literal meaning of the word Tiramisu which means " Pick me up".