Mushroom Matar is another delectable dish which has a high nutrient value .It is one of the dishes listed in the Menu for almost all the Indian Restaurants and most liked one after the Paneer dishes.Their are enormous recipes on Mushroom available for different cuisines, coz its such a versatile ingredient used in Pizzas, rolls, salads,soups,curries, rice.. used as sauteed, stuffed or fried.Though i like to use them with spinach and even i love them in my Tofu curry..I think there are a lot more recipes which i need to try with mushrooms hmmm so till then you guys try this tested one and i will experiment more on it and come up with more tried and tasted recipes..:)
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup peas (frozen /fresh)
- 2 onions medium sized finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes pureed
- 1tbs ginger-garlic paste or freshly grated
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp garam masala pwdr
- 3-4tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- First things first ,So clean the mushrooms nicely and slice them into 2 pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger/garlic paste.
- Now add the onions, fry them untill they r light brown. Add salt as required.
- Then add the tomato puree and add the spices and cook till oil seperates from the mixture.
- You can now add mushrooms and matar(peas). Fry them for 5-10 minutes.
- If u need a gravy kind u can add 1 cup of water to it and cook further.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Chapatis or Naan.
Tip: Cut the mushrooms only when you are ready to put them in , coz they will turn black when contacted with air.