Thursday, February 3, 2011

Khoya Paneer


Ummm..As for most of the veggies the most loved thing is Paneer or so called Indian cottage cheese and so is for me being a vegan this is one of the favorite dishes from my childhood days and the taste of which still dwells on my tongue,whenever my Mom used to make something like Ghiya(Lauki) or Karela(Bittergourd) which i used to hate at that time she used to cook Paneer for me or my dad used to get this Khoya Paneer for me from one of my fav Dhabas.So wanted to share this recipe with you guys and brings back to me all my childhood memories.

Ingredients:Serves 2-3 people

  • Paneer cut into big cubes
  • Khoya(Mawa) 100gm Grated
  • 2-3 Onions chopped
  • 2 Tomatoes Pureed
  • 1tbs Ginger garlic paste
  • 1 tsp Cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp Turmeric powder
  • 1-1/2tsp Chilli powder
  • Dhania Powder
  • Garam Masala
  • Salt to taste
  • Dhania(Cilantro to garnish)
Method:

1. In a pan, add 2 - 3 tbsp ghee/Oil and fry the grated Khoya , Stir it till it turns light brown. Keep it aside.

2. Now add cumin seeds and a paste of ginger/garlic , green chillies(optional) and Stir well.

3. Add chopped onions and fry it turns golden brown and then add tomato puree to the mix.

4. Add salt, chill powder,turmeric pwdr ,Dhania n Garam masala pwdr and stir. Pour approx 1/4 cup of water to the mix and allow it to cook for 5-7 min.

5. Add the fried khoya to it now.

6. Now Cut the paneer into square cubes and deep fry them in oil till golden colour or you can add it without frying(Tastes good either way i choose to add it without frying ). Add the paneer cubes into the gravy and give a gentle mix.

7. Garnish with cilantro and its ready to eat.

This is my first recipe post and i hope i will keep sharing more from what i love to cook .

0 comments: