My Mom she is the best...and she is an excellent cook too ,i have learned everything from her, i used to watch her cook ,though i never cooked at that time as i was busy in studies and my dad always saved me from going in the kitchen by saying that when time will come she will learn ...and exactly that's the truth .Now i am writing a blog on food .Can't Actually imagine myself cooking so many things but still whenever i m in a mess i give a call to my Mom and get some quick tips.
There are lot of recipes which i am gonna post inspired from my Mom.Here is a quick munching Tea time snack which we call Namkeen in India, eating it since my childhood and every1 just ate the whole bowl when its served and is a very healthy option too you can eat it with No guilt.
- 2 cups Murmure(Kurmure/Puffed Rice)
- 1/2 cup Peanuts(without the shells)
- 1 Cup Roasted Chana(Roasted Gram with or without shells- I have used w/o shells so its eatable for kids too)
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2-3 tbs oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in a wide pan, add the peanuts and fry them while stirring them continuously to avoid burning, till it becomes dark in color.Keep them aside.
- Now add mustard seed and Asafoetida to the oil , let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and all the spices to it.
- Mix in the Murmure , Chane and Peanuts to it and give it a good stir.
- Let it cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, while you keep a eye on it and stirring in between.
- Add chaat masala to it and check the Murmure should be crispy by now.
- Switch off the heat ,let it cool.
- Keep it in a container, stays good for long and have it with Tea anytime.