Being an Indian and a food lover what can u think when it rains,Bad weather..hmm ..Romance..;) ;) hehehe but for me and i think a lot of you like me ..nothing could beat Pakoras and Chai..Wow so this urge for pakoras made me to fry some pakoras and i thought of making these corn fritters.Its real easy and very tasty, u can easily use the corn kernels without the need to scrape corn or if it is not easily available u can actually scrape the corn which is easily available everywhere.
- 1cup corn kernels(frozen/fresh)
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 green chillies, finally chopped
- 1 smalll onion chopped
- Cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup besan(gram flour)
- salt to taste
- Chilli powder
- 2tsp Kitchen king masala or any chat masala
- To make the paste, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Grind corn kernels coarsely in a food processor or blender or Scrape corn into a large mixing bowl add in the paste and mix well.
- In a large, heavy frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- To make a fritter, use a large mixing spoon to carefully drop 2 tbsp. of batter into the pan. Fry fritter for 2 to 4 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. You may make up to four fritters at a time.
- When they are done, use a spatula to transfer them to a plate covered with a paper towel. Serve hot with Green chutney or saunth or any of your favourite dips.
Tip: If you like them real crispy try the double fried version,after frying you can press them on a paper towel drain out the excess oil and fry them again, they come out real crisp.