- 2 cups Chane/chickpea soaked for 4-5 hrs
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes pureed
- 1 tbs ginger -garlic freshly grated or paste
- Chana Masala Homemade or MDH
- Salt to taste
- 2 pods of cardamom
- 1tsp Chilli powder
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 2 Tbs Oil
- Pressure cook the soaked Chole .(For coloring the chole for a nice dark color, boil tea leaves in some water,sieve it and add the water in the cooker )
- Heat Oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste.
- Add onions to it and fry them ,then add pureed tomatoes.
- Now add the spices to it , i use a homemade Chana Masala which makes it so delicious , will be soon posting the recipe for it, and add the cardamom pods too.
- You can add this masala to the cooked chole and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a Flat spoon to mash the Chole coarsely and Mix well.
I have used the replacement for instant bhature here,"Tortillas" which is a real quick way to satisfy your urge for bhatures. Just buy the small flour tortillas any brand and for making bhature out of it you have to deep fry them like a regular poori and they come out very nice and less oily.Or you can make the regular ones with flour.
Serve it hot with Chole and with some onions and achaar(pickle) on the side,Onions are my weakness with Chole or Rajma they add to the taste.