I am great fan of Cauliflower ,and keep experimenting with it a lot ,i was watching a TV show on Food and heard of this recipe and i tried it with a little variation and came out really good .Its very presentable and yes a treat to tongue as well.
Ingredients:Serves 3-4 People
- 1 medium size cauliflower
- 2 Onion chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 6-8 Cashewnuts
- 1/2 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Cardamom pod
- 1 Clove
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup milk
- Orange Food color
- Salt to taste
- Remove the leaves and cut the cauliflower into big florets
- Boil the florets in salted water for 5-10 min
- Dip the florets in Orange color
- Now take Oil in a skillet and stir fry the cauliflower florets, by stirring so they are fried from all sides.Keep it aside.
- On medium heat in a wide pan add oil and put in the whole garam masalas.
- Put Cumin powder and Ginger garlic paste and fry it till it turns brown.
- Add Chopped onions and cashews to it, saute the onions and add tomatoes.
- Add salt and the spices to it .Turn the heat off.
- Now puree the paste and put it back to cook .
- Heat the mixture ,add milk to the mix and cook it further for few minutes.Add water if necessary.
- Add in the cauliflower florets
- Garnish with cilantro and its ready to eat.