Arbi or colocasia or may be you call it with some other name..but what's in a name "What's in a name,That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." as said by Shakespeare ... It could be so yummy i realised it only after i had it fried.There are various recipes that exist for it and my mom usually makes the curry version one hot fav of my dad.But here i am with Arbi do Pyaza..i fell in love with it after my Marriage when i had it at the first dinner at my Sis in Laws place.Since then m loving it and cooking it only this way.
- Arbi 1-2 lbs
- Onions sliced in circles
- Ginger/Garlic freshly grated or paste
- 2 green chilles sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Gram Masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp Chaat Masala/MDH Kitchen King
- Cilantro to garnish
- Boil Arbi till they are well cooked but do not overcook it.
- Peel and slice them
- Heat Oil in a pan and deep fry them till they are golden brown.Keep them aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and the grated ginger garlic to it .
- Add onions and green chillies and fry them.
- Now add the fried Arbis to it .
- Add all the spices and mix well and garnish with cilantro
- Serve Hot and Crunchy as a side dish or can be used as an appetizer.
Sending this yummy recipe for Lets cook subzis for Rotis event at Tickling Palates and Serve it Fried event at Kirthi's Kitchen