Shrikhand ...the silky smooth and i guess one of the easiest dessert to make at home with enormous amounts of variations and you can add a lot of creativity to it.Its a pure delicacy to eat and i just love its texture .Shrikhand is an important part of the Gujarati and Maharashtrian Cuisine as i read on wiki.I love Yogurt/Curd and i loooove nuts so this is an ultimate combination which can't be missed.So you gonna try it if you haven't tried it yet.You can even eat it if you are fasting like in Navratras.You can just try any combo Mango,Strawberry or any fruits n Nuts..
- 4 Cups Curd (I have used homemade)
- 2 cups powdered Sugar
- 10-12 Saffron strands
- 1tsp warm milk
- Blanched Almonds and Pistachios( peeled and sliced)
- Hung the Curd in Muslin cloth and place it in a strainer and keep a bowl in the bottom to collect all the whey water.Keep it refrigerated for 6-8 hours to allow all the whey water to collect.
- Now take the curd in a bowl and add the powdered sugar to it and mix it well.
- Dissolve the saffron stand in the milk and add it to the curd.
- Now add the blanched nuts to it .
- Whisk it well so that it turns creamy
- Garnish with few more nuts..or as much as u want.
- Serve chilled