Stuffed green peppers or Shimla mirch as u call in Hindi ,there are a lot of versions of these peppers available, different colors and different fillings,so here is my version of it.I have made these stuffed peppers on electric griddle which requires a very little oil to make it and came out really well,you can make it in a nonstick or normal pan with a little extra care and of course a little more oil.Its an Excellent side dish and you can alter the filling as per your choice.
- 2-3 Green peppers
- 2 Boiled and chopped Potatoes
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1-2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- 1tsp Garam Masala
- 1-2 Green chillies chopped
- 10-20 Groundnuts coarsely grinded
- 1 tsp Mango Powder(Amchur)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbs Oil
- Cilantro Chopped
- Wash and cut the Green peppers into halves and de-seed them.
- Heat Oil in a pan and fry the nuts ,take it out and keep aside, add in the mustard seeds and let them splutter then add the masalas .
- Now add in the potatoes, corn ,chopped cilantro and the fried nuts, Mix well.
- Let the mixture cool and fill in the halved green peppers.
- Heat the Griddle on Highest, add a few drops of Oil and keep the green peppers upside down .
- Let it cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes and lower down the heat and let it cook on medium heat.
- Turn the sides and let it cook on both the sides , till it appears to be cooked.
- Garnish with Grated cheese or cottage cheese.
- Serve as a side dish ,with Dal and Chapati.