If you have watched Bend it like Beckham movie you would surely know about aloo gobhi .It is one of India's readily available and common Punjabi food , a great combination and imagine i cook it once every week .So you might know how much ppl love it .
Ingredients : serves 2-3 ppl
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2-3 Medium sized potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1 slit green chilli
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash and Cut the potatoes and cauliflower into bite size pieces (not too small or gobhi will disappear)
- Heat oil in a pan on Medium heat and add garlic and cumin seeds to it.
- Now add the chopped onion and green chilli to it saute it till light brown and add the spices to it .
- Add the veggies to it and give it a nice stir.
- Keep the heat on medium and cover the pan , let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Keep checking in between and give it a stir so it doesn't get stick to the pan and cook for further 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and check if the potatoes are done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Chapatis.
You can also add pureed tomatoes to it after adding onions or try it without onions as well,you can also add peas to it when you add the veggies ,as you know that variety is the spice of life.