A simple but yet very important thing for every home.So here is a easy and required recipe for most of the dishes.What is most important is the measurement of water in this recipe and as my Mom says it should be always One and half times the quantity of rice .
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 Clove
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (zeera)
- 1tsp ghee/oil
- Soak Rice for approximately half an hour. Wash and drain.
- Take a pan and add the ghee to it. Put in the cumin seeds ,clove and cardamom.Let it splutter.
- Now add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the water and cover and cook till done
- Serve hot with Rajma/Chole or dal.
Tip: If you want to pressure cook the rice , use 2 cups of water instead and give just one whistle and do not open immediately ,Let it cool for 10 min till the steam is finished.