And the process continues..brought back some real gud sweets from India and now they are over but the craving for sweets still lingers on our tongues..so thought of making something with what i have at home and turned out real gud which i was not expecting..so thought of sharing it with you all..
- 250gm Mawa/Rawa/Milk powder
- 200gm Sugar
- Almonds 10-15
- 100gm Phool Makhane
- 2-3 Tbs Ghee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-2tsp Cardamom powder
- Pinch of Saffron
- Sliced Almonds/Pistachio for Garnishing
- Heat ghee in wide pan on low heat.
- Add Mawa to it and keep stirring it & fry it a little.Dissolve saffron in milk and add to it.
- Keep stirring on low heat,make sure you do not burn the mixture.
- In the meanwhile blend the makhane and almonds using a blender into a fine mixture.(Good if u have toddlers at home it will be easier for them to eat)
- Now add this Mix to the pan and give it a nice stir.
- Add the sugar to the pan and also add the cardamom powder to it.
- Keep stirring it till the mixture leaves the side of pan.
- Take a plate and grease it with butter/ghee and pour the mixture in the plate.
- Garnish them with sliced nuts.
- Re-frigate it for an hour and its almost set then cut square/diamond pieces out of it.It makes around 18-20 pieces.
And you can't resist anymore to eat it..